Sunday, November 16, 2008

Disassembly Starts

Disassembly started right after the wash. First was the tank. I wanted to get it off to find out how much stuff there was inside - because the cap was missing when I got the bike. There were olive pits and a few feathers in the tank, along with a LOT of dirt and rust but not too bad. I'll have to get it cleaned inside and sealed up before any fuel can go back in but that is quite a long time from now.

Next was to hit every nut and bolt with penetrating oil so they could soak while I traced down the wiring and took a bunch of pictures for reference and to have a good record of 'before' pictures.

Removed:
  • gas tank
  • rear shocks
  • rear fender
  • oil tank
  • oil lines
  • chain
  • throttle and cable
  • carburator

More disassembly Monday night.

Did I mention that I've never done this before and don't know anything about this bike. I ordered the "Triumph Tiger Cub Bible" last night. It "normally ships in 24 hours", so help is on the way, so to speak. It's going to be quite an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment