While I wait for parts to arrive in the mail to finish up engine assembly I decided to get started on the carburetor rebuild. The carb. on the Triumph is an Amal 376. I ordered a complete rebuild kit. All the o-rings, washers, gaskets, and a new float valve. All of the jets looked shockingly clean so I didn't order new ones. I may regret that later but they're not hard to get and I'm not under any real time pressure.
I took a LOT of pictures. Even though I have a parts manual and a service manual for the bike I've found having pictures when you start reassembly to be worth the few minutes it takes to capture them. It also gives me good visuals for my blog posts, which would be boring without without them.
To that end. Here is a before shot of the carburetor to compare with an after shot which I'll take once I'm done. So far I've only got the tear-down complete and some of the parts washed. I'll start polishing up the body next. Not looking for a really shiny finished product but, as you can see from the picture, it's pretty oxidized and dirty right now.
|Amal 376 - Before|