Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Break

Merry Christmas. I had hoped to have more time to work on the bike during my days off over the Christmas holiday but things didn't seem to work that way. Not that they weren't good days, just not productive in terms of the restoration.

I spent a couple of days finishing up my shopping. I always seem to leave a few things to the last minute. I guess that ensures I spend a little time at the mall with the masses just before the holiday. I spent time with my kids and family. That, to me, is what the holiday is for anyway.

I spent a but of quality time with the parts washer. I'm happy to say everything I wanted to put through the washer has been scrubbed, rinsed, and in some cases, scrubbed some more. Everything that needed to be washed has been washed, rinsed and dried. A few things were lubed to keep them from rusting up again.

I keep thinking about putting together a plan of attack but haven't managed to get very far. I created a spreadsheet to track the costs of the restoration and I even went so far as to create a tab in my spreadsheet for a plan. All that's left now is some actual planning. I'm afraid the spending part of the restoration is about to begin at the worst time of the year - just after the Christmas buying season. Oh well. That's how it goes.

Since I don't have much to report I may as well spend some time planning, instead of writing about not planning. I've got a few more days off next week and I want to make the most of them.

No post is really complete without a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment