Thursday, May 20, 2010

Can't Beat These Bushes


New and Old
Originally uploaded by Gym_x
I got my rear shock bushings fabricated this evening and am very happy with how they turned out. The material I got from McMaster Carr was perfect. It seems to be the right hardness, was the right O.D. and wasn't too bad to cut to size and drill to fit the spacers. Only time will tell how it's going to hold up but for the price of two bushings I can make two complete sets for my bike and have some material left over.

I'm painting shock bodies now and will get them reassembled this weekend so I should have a roller by Sunday night, provided I can get a few hours in the garage this weekend. That's provided the leak from my Jeep's radiator doesn't get worse so it takes a higher priority.

The photo shows one pair of the old bushings along with the new ones and the rest of my raw bushing material.

No comments:

Post a Comment