Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rear Shock Bushings


P5180048
Originally uploaded by Gym_x
I'm almost ready to assemble the rolling chassis. I'm putting the finishing touches on the rear shocks and the forks now.  Once those are finished I'll be ready for assembly.  The fork gaiters arrived last week and I'll get those mounted this weekend to complete the front.

In the back I'm refinishing the rear shocks and, as you can see from this picture, the bushings are shot. The left is the bushing from the bottom of the shock after it was removed. On the right is the internal spacer from the other side after cleaning it up. I've got some material that's the right outside dimension for the top and bottom and all I need to do is put the right sized holes into it and I'll have bushings as good as new. I hope to get that done this weekend as well.

Hopefully, my next post will have pictures of the rolling chassis.

No comments:

Post a Comment