Thursday, April 23, 2009

The First Refinished Part

One done, two actually, many many... many left to go.
The hubs are done and ready to be made back into round rolling wheels. I'm a bit excited about having something ready for reassembly. I've finally decided to rebuild the old wheels with the old spokes minus two. The way the spoke holes in the hubs are I can add the missing spokes when I find them without having to do much disassembly. So that's the plan.

Next will come the lacing of the rim back onto the spoke. I took a lot of pictures and measurements. These, along with my sketches and notes, should make the process fairly smooth. I've laced bicycle wheels in the past and the process is no different here. Frankly the Cub's wheels aren't much heavier than a mountain bike's anyway.

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished hubs. I hope to post pictures of at least one finished wheel after this weekend.


















Front Hub

Rear Hub

A lovely pair

No comments:

Post a Comment